Re: Syscaches should store negative entries, too

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Syscaches should store negative entries, too
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@krosing.net> writes:
> Are there _any_ tests where it does start to drop stuff ?

> In other words - is the stuff-dropping part tested reasonably recently
> (or at all) ?

Good point.  The drop mechanism is exercised well enough as driven by
shared-cache-invalidation cases, but the case where it's driven by cache
entry count isn't getting tested.

> In other words we should cache Frequently Asked Questions and not
> Frequently Found Answers ;)

Right ;-)

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Per-database and per-user GUC settings
От: teg@redhat.com (Trond Eivind Glomsrød)
Сообщение: Re: A simpler way to configure the source code?