Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.0 to 9.2 pg_upgrade pain due to collation mismatch
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 9/12/12 2:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "C" is the official name of that locale.  Not sure how you got it to say
>> "POSIX" ... maybe we didn't have normalization of the locale name back
>> then?

> Says who?

Says setlocale(), at least on the Fedora machine I just checked.
The reason I see this:

$ initdb --locale=POSIX
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "tgl".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "C".
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "SQL_ASCII".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

is that setlocale is returning "C" as the canonical name of the locale.

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Fixing or diagnosing Canceled on identification as a pivot, during write
От: Edson Richter
Сообщение: Re: Compressed binary field