Re: [v15 beta] pg_upgrade failed if earlier executed with -c switch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [v15 beta] pg_upgrade failed if earlier executed with -c switch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> Or we could revisit Tom's proposal in the thread that implemented the feature:
> to have timestamped directory names to get around this very problem?  I think
> we should be able to figure out a way to make it easy enough for the BF code to
> figure out (and clean up).

How about inserting an additional level of subdirectory?

pg_upgrade_output.d/20220603122528/foo.log

Then code doing "rm -rf pg_upgrade_output.d" needs no changes.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: [v15 beta] pg_upgrade failed if earlier executed with -c switch