Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems
Дата
Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Attached is a draft patch for fixing that, which additionally fixes the
> ugly wart that OFFSET <x> ROW/ROWS and FETCH FIRST [<x>] ROW/ROWS ONLY
> had very different productions for <x>; both now accept c_expr there.

LGTM, except please s/presense/presence/ in grammar comment.
Also, why'd you back off "must write" to "should write" in the docs?
This doesn't make the parens any more optional than before.

> I think a case can be made that this should be backpatched; thoughts?

Meh, -0.5.  This is not really a bug, because it's operating as designed.
You've found a reasonably painless way to improve the grammar, which is
great, but it seems more like a feature addition than a bug fix.

I'd be fine with sneaking this into v11, though.

От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems
От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: Fix for FETCH FIRST syntax problems