Re: Status of server side Large Object support?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Status of server side Large Object support?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Garamond <lists@zara.6.isreserved.com> writes:
> I find it nonintuitive and hard to remember. Perhaps something like this
> is better (I know, it's probably too late):

>   ALTER [ COLUMN ] column SET STORAGE { INLINE | EXTERNAL }
>   ALTER [ COLUMN ] column SET COMPRESSION { YES | NO }

The semantics are not simply two independent variables, however.
In particular, IIRC the precedence of different possible actions
is such that you couldn't cleanly express it that way.

От: David Garamond
Сообщение: Re: Status of server side Large Object support?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-www] pg_autovacuum is nice ... but ...