Re: ALTER TYPE ADD SEND AND RECEIVE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TYPE ADD SEND AND RECEIVE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Manuel Kniep <manuel@adjust.com> writes:
> On 11. Dezember 2014 at 00:08:52, Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> There's no supported way to do that. As an unsupported way, you could
>> consider a manual UPDATE on the type's pg_type row.

> I also thought about this but I guess I have to INSERT the dependency in pg_depend too.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with that.  Good practice would be to have
any such type packaged as an extension; so if you add the new functions
to the extension (which is supported) there's no need to be terribly
tense about the intra-extension dependencies.  But even if you didn't
do that, the worst consequence of dropping the functions would be
"cache lookup failed" errors.

От: Manuel Kniep
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TYPE ADD SEND AND RECEIVE
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Documentation missing bigint?