Re: limit over attribute size if index over it exists

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: limit over attribute size if index over it exists
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"pajai" <patrick.jayet@gmail.com> writes:
> I have got an issue with PostgreSQL. There is a limitation on the
> column length of a tuple, in case there is an index over it. In the
> actual project I am working on, I meet such a situation. I have got an
> attribute over which I am doing a search (that is, I need an index over
> it), but this attribute can be in some cases very large (100KB+).

It sounds to me a lot like you may be in need of full-text-index code ---
see contrib/tsearch2.  If you were not trying to roll-your-own text
searcher, please give more details.  I can hardly imagine a situation in
which it is useful to make a btree index on 100KB values.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: list or regular expressions
От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Re: inheritance and table