Re: 8.3.7 server fails to start on Snow Leopard 10.6.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3.7 server fails to start on Snow Leopard 10.6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
erik <code@classlibrary.net> writes:
> After updating to 10.6.1 this morning the postgresql 8.3 server (from
> a macports installation) refuses to start.

> It's stops with the message

> "FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file"

> Yesterday I was running postgresql server successfully the whole day
> under 10.6 with no problems at all. I upgrade the postgresql
> installation this morning to the 8.3. security update.

Well, you'd have to talk to whoever built the macports installation,
but it sure sounds like you got a 64-bit build of Postgres instead
of a 32-bit build, or perhaps vice versa.  "file" applied to the
postgres executable would tell you more.

> This is all on
> a MacBook5,1 which can only run the kernel in 32bit-mode.

32 vs 64 bit kernel has nothing to do with 32 vs 64 bit userland.