Re: [HACKERS] Removing PORTNAME from libpq/Makefile

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Removing PORTNAME from libpq/Makefile
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
darrenk@insightdist.com (Darren King) writes:
> So to summarize a little, in libpq/Makefile, make a libpq.o and then
> in Makefile.$(PORTNAME), make the shared libpq.  Seem reasonable?

Close, but no cigar.  What happens when we have two, or three, or ten
shared libs to make?

The right thing to do is to have makefiles/Makefile.PLATFORM contain
some sort of generic shared-library-making rule that can then be
applied in libpq/Makefile and any other module makefile that wants
to produce a shared library.

I'm a little out of practice on generic rules in gmakefiles, but
since we already assume that gmake is being used, it shouldn't be
too hard to do it this way.

I'll be glad to help with the HPUX version of the rule.

От: darrenk@insightdist.com (Darren King)
Сообщение: Removing PORTNAME from libpq/Makefile
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] retrieving varchar size