Re: pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> ... I'm pretty sure that what it crashed on was
> attempting to access the global external variable CurrentMemoryContext.

Ah-hah, good insight!

> The odd thing is, that the disassembly code between the working and
> non-working was the same, except for the offsets.

The code seems to be fetching a pointer to CurrentMemoryContext from a
PC-relative location; presumably that's a literal that the dynamic
linker is supposed to update at shlib load time.  I guess that pointer
is not correctly computed in the other case, or else it's fetching the
wrong pointer value.

> Still, I have no idea why adding an include would cause issues accessing
> CurrentMemoryContext.

Me either, but at least it's something to work from.  You might try
diffing the working and non-working -E output from cube.c to see if
there are any changes that obviously affect CurrentMemoryContext.

От: Jeremy Drake
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Remove "fmgr.h" include in cube contrib --- caused crash on a Ge