Re: const correctness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: const correctness
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Thomas Munro <munro@ip9.org> wrote:
>> There is another option: if list_head is changed to take a pointer
>> to const List and return a pointer to non-const ListCell
>> (something I was trying to avoid before), then no XXX_const
>> functions/macros are necessary, and all of the functions from the
>> first patch can keep their 'const', adding const to 930 lines.
> Now that you mention it, I think that's better anyway.

IOW, the strchr() trick?  If the C standards committee couldn't find
any better answer than that, maybe we shouldn't expect to either.

In general I don't have an objection to adding "const" to individual
routines, so long as it doesn't create propagating requirements to
const-ify other code.  This may be the only way to do it.

От: Steve Singer
Сообщение: pg_dump 9.1.1 hanging (collectSecLabels gets 0 labels)
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: heap vacuum & cleanup locks