Re: PITR Archive Recovery plus WIP PITR

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR Archive Recovery plus WIP PITR
Дата
Re: PITR Archive Recovery plus WIP PITR  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-patches
> Simon Riggs wrote:
> what's not (yet)
>> - Timelines...though I think they are useful, they may not be critical

> I am not fond of the timeline idea, especially for 7.5.  Let's get usage
> cases submitted first.  I can imagine timelines as causing significant
> confusion during restore, which is the last thing we want to do.

I think that judgment is exactly backward.  *Not* having timelines is
what will cause serious and possibly fatal mistakes during restore:
people will hand the wrong xlog files to restore and the software will
be unable to recognize the inconsistency.

We really need to get this right the first time.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Is "trust" really a good default?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PITR Archive Recovery plus WIP PITR