Re: Custom runtime variables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Custom runtime variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Bailey <artacus@comcast.net> writes:
> I added the following lines to my postgresql.conf file:
> custom_variable_classes = 'foo'
> foo.name = '1s'

> Now if I do "show foo.name" I get '1s'
> But it does not show up in show all or in pg_settings.

No, it doesn't.  It should still work in set/show though.

> Also, can the variable be stored in a specific data type or am I stuck
> with text?

There's no data type associated with it.  This is all an artifact of the
fact that this isn't a genuine designed-in feature, but a kluge that
someone shoehorned in.  You should have to declare the variable in some
fashion...

От: Scott Bailey
Сообщение: Custom runtime variables
От: Gerhard Wiesinger
Сообщение: Re: Problems with postgres online backup - restore