AW: Last call for comments: fmgr rewrite [LONG]

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: Last call for comments: fmgr rewrite [LONG]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > typedef struct
> > {
> >     FmgrInfo   *flinfo;         /* ptr to lookup info used for this call
*/
> >     Node       *context;        /* pass info about context of call */
> >     Node       *resultinfo;     /* pass or return extra info about
result */
> >     bool        isnull;         /* function must set true if result is
NULL */
> >     short       nargs;          /* # arguments actually passed */
> >     Datum       arg[FUNC_MAX_ARGS];  /* Arguments passed to function */
> >     bool        argnull[FUNC_MAX_ARGS];  /* T if arg[i] is actually NULL
*/
> > } FunctionCallInfoData;
>
> Just wondering what the implications of FUNC_MAX_ARGS is, and whether
> something like...

Why don't we at least look at the way other dbms's seem to work with
unknown sql rows.
Imho it would be good to use an sqlda structure as seen in
Informix, Oracle, SQL Server ....
I know it does have a little more overhead, but it is something db
programmers know how to use. Unfortunately they all seem to use different
techniques when it comes to function arguments to a stored proc, but
I do not really understand why.

Andreas

От: Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Сообщение: AW: More Performance
От: Louis-David Mitterrand
Сообщение: Re: understanding Datum -> char * -> Datum conversions