AW: question about index cost estimates

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Тема AW: question about index cost estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It seemed to me that the critical ratios are #tuples fetched vs #pages
> in table and table size vs. cache size.  I could be wrong though...

Another metric that would be interesing is a number that represents
the divergence of the heap order from the index sort order.

If heap data is more or less in the same order as the index
(e.g. cluster index) the table size is irrelevant.
So the measure would be something like
clustered*tablesize vs cache size instead of only tablesize.

Andreas

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: RE: ODBC & v7.0(Rel) Errors with Users and Databases
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: RE: MSSQL7 & PostgreSQL 7.0