Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> For now, though, I don't mind living with my simple
> hack if indeed it simply means I risk losing a transaction
> during a crash.  Or, actually, have simply increased that risk
> (the sequence flush/log id/CRASH is possible, after all).

No. This is why Vadim wants the second flush. If the machine
crashes like you describe the client will not be told "transaction
committed". The problem is when a client is told something,
that is not true after a crash, which can happen if the second
flush is left out.

> I'm a lot more comfortable with this than with the potential
> damage done during a crash when fsync'ing both log file and
> data is disabled, when the log can then be written by the
> system followed by a crash before the data tuples make it
> to disk.

Yes, this is a much better situation.

Andreas

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] solution for psql segmentation fault ??
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] fsynch of pg_log write..