Re: [HACKERS] New TODO item

От Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> (It is true that there are a few extensions to
> the SQL syntax which are holdovers from the PostQuel language, which
> explains a few odd features in the parser.)
>
> Would you prefer that we do nothing until I have a chance to research
> this some more, or is someone going to dive in?

IMHO a tablename after select is only valid if there is a point and
attribute or function after the tablename because postgresql handles
queries of the form:

select t1.eval;
select t1.*;

Where eval can be a column of the t1 table or a function accepting
one opaque argument. The function is automatically passed each
row of t1. This is the important feature.

Andreas

От: wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Installation procedure wishes
От: Sascha Schumann
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] 'idle' processes in v6.5?