Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Roadmap for FE/BE protocol redesign
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> So, just to throw out a wild idea: If you're talking about making large
> changes to the on-the-wire protocol. Have you considered using an existing
> database protocol?

Yeah, I have.  Didn't look promising --- there's no percentage unless
we're 100% compatible, which creates a lot of problems (eg, can't ship
type OIDs to frontend anymore).

What I actually looked into was RDA, but I doubt that TDS would be any
closer to our needs...

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: My project: nested transactions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Upgrading the backend's error-message infrastructure