Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> elog(FATAL) is *certainly* not a better idea. �I think there's really
>> nothing that can be done, you just have to silently ignore the error.

> Hmm.. some functions called by a signal handler use elog(FATAL), e.g.,
> RecoveryConflictInterrupt() do that when unknown conflict mode is given
> as an argument. Are these calls unsafe, too?

[ shrug... ]  I stated before that the Hot Standby patch is doing
utterly unsafe things in signal handlers.  Simon rejected that.
I am waiting for irrefutable evidence to emerge from the field
(and am very confident that it will be forthcoming...) before
I argue with him further.  Meanwhile, I'm not going to accept anything
unsafe in a core facility like this patch is going to be.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Streaming a base backup from master
От: Marko Tiikkaja
Сообщение: Re: regclass without error?