Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Path to PostgreSQL portabiliy
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

The last time I tried that (coupla months ago) it listed the versions of
the packages in reverse order, so I spent about 15 very tedious minutes
making sure that I have the latest version of all the packages I wanted
selected.

Then I spent an hour or 2 battling with ntsec and initdb on my laptop
(logged onto, but disconnected from the domain). After that I gave up
and went back to my very old release that works fine.

The point I'm trying to make is that if I, as a not inexperienced
sysadmin of both Windows and Unix systems (not to mention PostgreSQL
which I like to think I'm fairly familiar with) has this trouble, what
impression is that going to give the first time user, who's probably
going to go elsewhere at the first sign of trouble?

Regards, Dave.

От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: How much work is a native Windows application?
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: OK, lets talk portability.