Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Nicolai Tufar <ntufar@gmail.com> writes:
> Amazingly enough HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 is
> defined when compilation comes to src/port/snprintf.c
> but the result is still wrong. I looked into configure.in
> but the check for HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 is too
> complicated for me to understand. Bruce, could you
> take a look at this? I am 90% sure it is an issue with
> some configure definitions.

Just out of curiosity, do either HAVE_INT64 or HAVE_UINT64 get set
in pg_config.h?  The observed symptoms would be explained if typedef
int64 were ending up as "long" rather than "long long".  Looking at
the #ifdef nest in include/c.h, there are a couple of ways that could
happen, including importing a definition from system header files.

If this were happening, it would presumably break all int8 math not
only snprintf, so I'm not sure it's the story.  As far as I've seen,
no one has actually posted the regression diffs seen in this failure,
so most of us are in the dark about the details of the problem.

От: Nicolai Tufar
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression
От: Nicolai Tufar
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail