Re: Docs: Always use true|false instead of sometimes on|off for the subscription options

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Docs: Always use true|false instead of sometimes on|off for the subscription options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> writes:
> Yeah, I had a vested interest in this one place because I've been
> reviewing the other thread [1] that was mentioned above. If that other
> thread chooses "true|false" then putting "true|false" adjacent to
> another "on|off" will look silly. But if that other thread adopts the
> existing 'failover=on|off' values then it will diverge even further
> from being consistent with the CREATE SUBSCRIPTION page.

It's intentional that we allow more than one spelling of boolean
values.  I can see some value in being consistent within nearby
examples, but I don't agree at all that it should be uniform
across all our docs.

От: "Imseih (AWS), Sami"
Сообщение: Re: allow changing autovacuum_max_workers without restarting
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Add new protocol message to change GUCs for usage with future protocol-only GUCs