Re: Localization trouble

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Localization trouble
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jul 5, 2007, at 20:59 , Tom Lane wrote:

> Michael Glaesemann <grzm@seespotcode.net> writes:
>> I think display depends on whether or not you configured Postgres
>> with or without --enable-nls.
>
> No, to_char understands numeric locales regardless of enable-nls.
> There is no provision for locale-dependent output from a plain
> numeric column; you must use to_char.

The to_char results I could see from my tests. I was thinking that
perhaps if NLS was enabled, numeric results in, for example, psql
would be displayed even without using to_char. However, I can't seem
to coax the server to give me results in that way. Perhaps I'm just
doing it wrong.

postgres=# \d lc_examples_view
      View "public.lc_examples_view"
       Column       |  Type   | Modifiers
-------------------+---------+-----------
a_money           | money   |
a_numeric         | numeric |
a_numeric_as_text | text    |
View definition:
SELECT lc_examples.a_money, lc_examples.a_numeric, to_char
(lc_examples.a_numeric, '999D99S'::text) AS a_numeric_as_text
    FROM lc_examples;

postgres=# select * from lc_examples_view ;
a_money | a_numeric | a_numeric_as_text
---------+-----------+-------------------
    $1.23 |      1.23 |   1.23+
(1 row)

postgres=# set lc_numeric to 'es_ES'; set lc_monetary to 'es_ES';
SET
SET
postgres=# select * from lc_examples_view ;
a_money | a_numeric | a_numeric_as_text
---------+-----------+-------------------
   Eu1,23 |      1.23 |   1,23+
(1 row)

Just to clarify, I was thinking that perhaps the a_numeric column
would show a result of 1,23 since lc_numeric was set to es_ES. After
testing with --enable-nls, I see that's not the case.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Polymorphic delete help needed
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-general] In memory tables/databases