Re: query efficiency - Can I speed it up?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: query efficiency - Can I speed it up?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Sean Davis <sdavis2@mail.nih.gov> writes:
> You might think about full-text searching of the descriptions.  It may be
> quite a bit faster than a "like" search.  It may be worth looking.

It's not the LIKE search that's her problem though --- the time is going
into fetching the matching rows from the other table.

If the "go" table becomes large then it'd be time to worry about that,
but right now it's only costing her 80 msec to seqscan it...

От: joe speigle
Сообщение: fetch cursor into id, set_values .... -> problem
От: Sean Davis
Сообщение: Re: query efficiency - Can I speed it up?