Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 11:43 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, for one thing, how do you add a new slave?  If its configuration
>> comes from a system catalog, it seems that it has to already be
>> replicating before it knows what its configuration is.

> At the moment, I'm not aware of any proposed parameters that need to be
> passed from master to standby, since that was one of the arguments for
> standby registration in the first place.

> If that did occur, when the standby connects it would get told what
> parameters to use by the master as part of the handshake. It would have
> to work exactly that way with standby.conf on the master also.

Um ... so how does this standby know what master to connect to, what
password to offer, etc?  I don't think that "pass down parameters after
connecting" is likely to cover anything but a small subset of the
configuration problem.

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication