Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 08, 2024 at 05:52:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The attached patch fixes up the code and adds a new test to
> the test_extensions module.  The fix basically is to skip the
> pg_depend entries for dependent types, assuming that they'll
> get dealt with when we process their parent objects.

Looks reasonable to me.  The added test coverage seems particularly
valuable.  If I really wanted to nitpick, I might complain about the three
consecutive Boolean parameters for AlterTypeNamespaceInternal(), which
makes lines like

+        AlterTypeNamespaceInternal(arrayOid, nspOid, true, false, true,
+                                   objsMoved);

difficult to interpret.  But that's not necessarily the fault of this patch
and probably needn't block it.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Revert: Remove useless self-joins *and* -DREALLOCATE_BITMAPSETS make server crash, regress test fail.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ALTER EXTENSION SET SCHEMA versus dependent types