Re: pg_sequence_last_value() for unlogged sequences on standbys

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: pg_sequence_last_value() for unlogged sequences on standbys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 03:02:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Tue, May 07, 2024 at 01:44:16PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> +1 to include that, as it offers a defense if someone invokes this
>>> function directly.  In HEAD we could then rip out the test in the
>>> view.
>
>> I apologize for belaboring this point, but I don't see how we would be
>> comfortable removing that check unless we are okay with other sessions'
>> temporary sequences appearing in the view, albeit with a NULL last_value.
>
> Oh!  You're right, I'm wrong.  I was looking at the CASE filter, which
> we could get rid of -- but the "WHERE NOT pg_is_other_temp_schema(N.oid)"
> part has to stay.

Okay, phew.  We can still do something like v3-0002 for v18.  I'll give
Michael a chance to comment on 0001 before committing/back-patching that
one.

--
Nathan Bossart

Вложения

От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: Use pgstat_kind_infos to read fixed shared stats structs
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: On disable_cost