Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-19 15:24:17 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I can't say that I care for "backtrace_on_internal_error".
> Re-reading that thread, I see I argued for having *no* GUC and
> just enabling that behavior all the time.  I lost that fight,
> but it should have been clear that a GUC of this exact shape
> is a design dead end --- and that's what we're seeing now.

I don't think enabling backtraces without a way to disable them is a good idea
- security vulnerablilities in backtrace generation code are far from unheard
of and can make error handling a lot slower...

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: New committers: Melanie Plageman, Richard Guo
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions