Re: Rename libpq trace internal functions

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: Rename libpq trace internal functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 09:39:02 +0200
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> libpq's pqTraceOutputMessage() used to look like this:
>
>      case 'Z':               /* Ready For Query */
>          pqTraceOutputZ(conn->Pfdebug, message, &logCursor);
>          break;
>
> Commit f4b54e1ed98 introduced macros for protocol characters, so now
> it looks like this:
>
>      case PqMsg_ReadyForQuery:
>          pqTraceOutputZ(conn->Pfdebug, message, &logCursor);
>          break;
>
> But this introduced a disconnect between the symbol in the switch case
> and the function name to be called, so this made the manageability of
> this file a bit worse.
>
> This patch changes the function names to match, so now it looks like
> this:
>
>      case PqMsg_ReadyForQuery:
>          pqTraceOutput_ReadyForQuery(conn->Pfdebug, message, &logCursor);
>          break;

+1

I prefer the new function names since it seems more natural and easier to read.

I noticed pqTraceOutputNR() is left as is, is this intentional? Or, shoud this
be changed to pqTranceOutput_NoticeResponse()?

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: doc: create table improvements
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Why does pgindent's README say to download typedefs.list from the buildfarm?