Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Add SPLIT PARTITION/MERGE PARTITIONS commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Apr-18, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> I think the feature implementation should also provide tab completion
> for SPLIT/MERGE.

I don't think that we should be imposing on feature authors or
committers the task of filling in tab-completion for whatever features
they contribute.  I mean, if they want to add that, cool; but if not,
somebody else can do that, too.  It's not a critical piece.

Now, if we're talking about whether a patch to add tab-completion to a
feature post feature-freeze is acceptable, I think it absolutely is
(even though you could claim that it's a new psql feature).  But for
sure we shouldn't mandate that a feature be reverted just because it
lacks tab-completion -- such lack is not an open-item against the
feature in that sense.

"That sort of implies that there are Emacs keystrokes which aren't obscure.
I've been using it daily for 2 years now and have yet to discover any key
sequence which makes any sense."                        (Paul Thomas)

От: Jelte Fennema-Nio
Сообщение: Re: Transparent column encryption
От: Corey Huinker
Сообщение: Re: documentation structure