Re: allow changing autovacuum_max_workers without restarting

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: allow changing autovacuum_max_workers without restarting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 12, 2024 at 05:27:40PM +0000, Imseih (AWS), Sami wrote:
> A few comments on  the POC patch:

Thanks for reviewing.

> 1/ We should emit a log when autovacuum_workers is set higher than the max.

Hm.  Maybe the autovacuum launcher could do that.

> 2/ should the name of the restart limit be "reserved_autovacuum_workers"?

That's kind-of what I had in mind, although I think we might want to avoid
the word "reserved" because it sounds a bit like reserved_connections and
superuser_reserved_connections.  "autovacuum_max_slots" or
"autovacuum_max_worker_slots" might be worth considering, too.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Issue with the PRNG used by Postgres
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: further improving roles_is_member_of()