Re: macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-04-09 13:35:51 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Now, if DYLD_* is ignored, then our regression tests won't work
> properly. But if core dumps are not enabled, then how am I supposed to
> debug things that can only be debugged with a core dump?

FWIW, I posted a patch a while back to make meson builds support relative
rpaths on some platforms, including macos. I.e. each library/binary finds the
location of the needed libraries relative to its own location. That gets rid
of the need to use DYLD_ at all, because the temporary install for the tests
can find the library location without a problem.

Perhaps it's worth picking that up again?

https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/tree/meson-rpath
https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/commit/46f1963fee7525c3cc3837ef8423cbf6cb08d10a

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: [MASSMAIL]macOS Ventura won't generate core dumps
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain