Re: pgsql: Use bump memory context for tuplesorts

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: pgsql: Use bump memory context for tuplesorts
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2024-04-07 13:52:28 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com> writes:
> > Looks like this assert is tripping on grison [1].
>
> > running bootstrap script ... TRAP: failed Assert("total_allocated ==
> > context->mem_allocated"), File: "bump.c", Line: 808, PID: 30248
>
> The same on mamba.  However, I failed to duplicate it in an x86
> (32-bit) VM.  I think the critical factor on the failing machines
> is that MAXALIGN is 8 which is more than their sizeof(pointer).

For posterity: I think the above is correct, and that I found the concrete
reason this causes issues on the thread related to the patch. I posted there
because I figured it out after looking at Tomas' gdb output:

https://postgr.es/m/20240407210924.fvwfwbzms3bvtfcd%40awork3.anarazel.de

- Andres

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: [MASSMAIL]pgsql: Remove useless duplicate call of defGetBoolean().
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: [MASSMAIL] pgsql: Doc: clarify behavior of boolean options in replication protocol