Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update
Дата
Re: Commitfest 2024-01 first week update  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Feb-04, vignesh C wrote:

> We should do something about these kinds of entries, there were few
> suggestions like tagging under a new category or so, can we add a new
> status to park these entries something like "Waiting for direction".
> The threads which have no discussion for 6 months or so can be flagged
> to this new status and these can be discussed in one of the developer
> meetings or so and conclude on these items.

Maybe a new status is appropriate ... I would suggest "Stalled".  Such a
patch still applies and has no pending feedback, but nobody seems
interested.  Making a patch no longer stalled means there's discussion
that leads to:

1. further development?  Perhaps the author just needed more direction.
2. a decision that it's not a feature we want, or maybe not in this
   form.  Then we close it as rejected.
3. a reviewer/committer finding time to provide additional feedback.

"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"
(Hobbes)

От: Pavel Luzanov
Сообщение: Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+
От: Maiquel Grassi
Сообщение: RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+