Re: Report planning memory in EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Report planning memory in EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
OK, I propose the following further minor tweaks.  (I modified the docs
following the wording we have for COSTS and BUFFERS).

There are two things that still trouble me a bit.  First, we assume that
the planner is using an AllocSet context, which I guess is true, but if
somebody runs the planner in a context of a different memcxt type, it's
going to be a problem.  So far we don't have infrastructure for creating
a context of the same type as another context.  Maybe it's too fine a
point to worry about, for sure.

The other question is about trying to support the EXPLAIN EXECUTE case.
Do you find that case really useful?  In a majority of cases planning is
not going to happen because it was already done by PREPARE (where we
_don't_ report memory, because we don't have EXPLAIN there), so it seems
a bit weird.  I suppose you could make it useful if you instructed the
user to set plan_cache_mode to custom, assuming that does actually work
(I didn't try).

"El hombre nunca sabe de lo que es capaz hasta que lo intenta" (C. Dickens)

Вложения

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings
От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: How to get started with contribution