Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Dec-12, Masahiko Sawada wrote:

> To deal with this problem, I initially thought of the idea (a)
> mentioned in the comment; use a binary heap to maintain the
> transactions sorted by the amount of changes or the size. But it seems
> not a good idea to try maintaining all transactions by  its size since
> the size of each transaction could be changed frequently.

Hmm, maybe you can just use binaryheap_add_unordered and just let the
sizes change, and do binaryheap_build() at the point where the eviction
is needed.

"No necesitamos banderas
 No reconocemos fronteras"                  (Jorge González)

От: "Andrey M. Borodin"
Сообщение: Re: Transaction timeout
От: Jakub Wartak
Сообщение: Re: trying again to get incremental backup