Re: Set enable_seqscan doesn't take effect?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Set enable_seqscan doesn't take effect?
Дата
Re: Set enable_seqscan doesn't take effect?
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-09-28 00:37:41 +0800, jacktby jacktby wrote:
> postgres=# SET enable_seqscan = off;
> SET
> postgres=# explain select * from t;
>                                QUERY PLAN
>  Seq Scan on t  (cost=10000000000.00..10000000023.60 rows=1360 width=32)
> (1 row)
>
> postgres=#  select * from t;
> -------
>  [1,2]
> (1 row)

Sorry to be the grump here:

You start several threads a week, often clearly not having done much, if any,
prior research. Often even sending the same question to multiple lists. It
should not be hard to find an explanation for the behaviour you see here.

pgsql-hackers isn't a "do my work for me service". We're hacking on
postgres. It's fine to occasionally ask for direction, but you're very clearly
exceeding that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Eager page freeze criteria clarification
От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: Add pg_basetype() function to obtain a DOMAIN base type