Re: Add PG CI to older PG releases

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Add PG CI to older PG releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-08-10 18:09:03 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Nazir Bilal Yavuz <byavuz81@gmail.com> writes:
> > PG CI is added starting from PG 15, adding PG CI to PG 14 and below
> > could be beneficial. So, firstly I tried adding it to the
> > REL_14_STABLE branch. If that makes sense, I will try to add PG CI to
> > other old PG releases.
>
> I'm not actually sure this is worth spending time on.  We don't
> do new development in three-release-back branches, nor do we have
> so many spare CI cycles that we can routinely run CI testing in
> those branches [1].

I find it much less stressful to backpatch if I can test the patches via CI
first.  I don't think I'm alone in that - Alvaro for example has previously
done this in a more limited fashion (no windows):
https://postgr.es/m/20220928192226.4c6zeenujaoqq4bq%40alvherre.pgsql

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Add PG CI to older PG releases
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node