How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?

От Matthias Apitz
Тема How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?
Дата
Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?  (Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com>)
Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?  (Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

Please note: I'm talking about the user and group "postgres" in the
Linux OS and not in the PostgreSQL server.

We're compiling PostgreSQL from source (actually 14.1) and distribute that
to our customers. They're asked to setup user and group "postgres"
before creating the cluster. As nowadays there are a lot of setup such
things in bigger installations, like LDAP or AD, etc. I'd like to know
how other installations for Linux deal with this?

Thanks

    matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045

От: Torsten Förtsch
Сообщение: Re: PITR and instance without any activity
От: Thomas Guyot
Сообщение: Re: How do the Linux distributions create the Linux user/group "postgres"?