Re: Suppressing useless wakeups in walreceiver

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: Suppressing useless wakeups in walreceiver
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 12:37:39PM +0200, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> I think in 0001 we should put more stuff in the state struct --
> specifically these globals:
>
> static int    recvFile = -1;
> static TimeLineID recvFileTLI = 0;
> static XLogSegNo recvSegNo = 0;
>
> The main reason is that it seems odd to have startpointTLI in the struct
> used in some places together with a file-global recvFileTLI which isn't.
> The way one is passed as argument and the other as part of a struct
> seemed too distracting.  This should reduce the number of moving parts,
> ISTM.

Makes sense.  Do you think the struct should be file-global so that it
doesn't need to be provided as an argument to most of the static functions
in this file?

> One thing that confused me for a moment is that we have some state in
> walrcv and some more state in 'state'.  The difference is pretty obvious
> once you look at the other, but it suggest to me that a better variable
> name for the latter is 'localstate' to more obviously distinguish them.

Sure, I'll change it to 'localstate'.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: archive modules
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: remove redundant memset() call