Re: ccache, MSVC, and meson

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: ccache, MSVC, and meson
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 22, 2022 at 06:26:06PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> ccache 4.6.1 was released which allows compiling postgres

4.6.1 is now in choco.  This is required to use with the current msbuild
process.

> But with the existing build system, it's no faster anyway, I guess due to poor
> use of parallelism.
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5972008205811712

Actually, it cuts the msbuild compilation time in half [0] (which is not
impressive, but also not nothing).  cache misses are slower, though.
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5926287305867264

[0] My compiled ccache may have been a non-optimized build...

I don't know how to do make this work for msbuild without naming the binary
something other than ccache.  Maybe that's fine, but better done on the OS
image, rather than in the CI config.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: bogus: logical replication rows/cols combinations
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: fix stats_fetch_consistency value in postgresql.conf.sample