Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Mar-14, Robert Haas wrote:

> 2. Why not instead change the code so that the operation can succeed,
> by creating the prerequisite parent directories? Do we not have enough
> information for that? I'm not saying that we definitely should do it
> that way rather than this way, but I think we do take that approach in
> some cases.

It seems we can choose freely between these two implementations -- I
mean I don't see any upsides or downsides to either one.

The current one has the advantage that it never makes the datadir
"dirty", to use Kyotaro's term.  It verifies that the creation/drop form
a pair.  A possible downside is that if there's a bug, we could end up
with a spurious PANIC at the end of recovery, and no way to recover.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir
От: Mark Dilger
Сообщение: Re: New Object Access Type hooks