Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir

От Nathan Bossart
Тема Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 03:02:41PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 14, 2022 at 10:34 PM Nathan Bossart
> <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm -1 on splitting these new statistics to separate LOGs.  In addition to
>> making it more difficult to discover statistics for a given checkpoint, I
>> think it actually adds even more bloat to the server log.  If we are
>> concerned about the amount of information in these LOGs, perhaps we should
>> adjust the format to make it more human-readable.
>
> Below are the ways that I can think of. Thoughts?

I think I prefer the first option.  If these tasks don't do anything, we
leave the stats out of the message.  If they do some work, we add them.

--
Nathan Bossart

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Optimize external TOAST storage
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Optimize external TOAST storage