Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Commitfest manager for 2022-03
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Can I suggest to update the CF APP to allow:
| Target version: 16

I also suggest to update patches to indicate which are (not) being considered
for v15.

A few specific ones from myself:

|https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2573/
|pg_dump - read data for some options from external file     Ready for Committer     15
Marked RFC by Daniel Gustafsson since 2021-10-01.
Is it more likely than not to be included in v15, or should the "v15" be
removed ?

|https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3499/
|libpq compression     Waiting on Author     15
I re-raised the same concerns made ~12 months ago but haven't heard back.
WOA since 35 days.  Unlikely to be considered/included in v15.

|https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3571/
|Add LZ4 compression in pg_dump     Needs review
This patch was just submitted on 2022-02-25.
I did a lot of the same things this patch does for a previous patch submission
(32/2888) for pg_dump/ZSTD, so I could review this, if there were interest to
include it in v15.

|https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2349/
|Global temporary table     Needs review     15
The handling/hijacking of pg_class and pg_statistic is not likely to be
acceptable.  I doubt this will be progressed for v15.

|https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3448/
|reduce impact of lengthy startup and checkpoint tasks     Needs review     15
I think this is in the design/concept phase, and not likely for v15, except
maybe in reduced scope.

|https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2906/
|Row filtering for logical replication
If I'm not wrong, this is merged and should be closed?

For my own patches, it'd be helpful if someone would suggest if any are (not)
likely to be progressed for v15.

These are marked RFC, but have no "committer" set.  Are they all targetting
v15?

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2863/
    Function to log backtrace of postgres processes     Ready for Committer
    Should target v15 ?

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2897/
    Faster pglz compression     Ready for Committer     15
    Tomas, are you still planning to merge this one ?

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2992/
    Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates     Ready for Committer

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3073/
    Add callback table access method to reset filenode when dropping relation     Ready for Committer

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3384/
    use has_privs_for_role for predefined roles     Ready for Committer     15

    Do all of the RFC patches target v15 (except bugfixes) ?
    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/?status=3

These are not marked as targetting any version .. are any of them
being considered for v15 ?

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2903/
    Parallel Hash Full Join     Needs review

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3508/
    Avoid smgrimmedsync() during index build and add unbuffered IO API     Needs review

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3182/
    automatically generating node support functions     Needs review

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3183/
    Detectable crashes and unlogged table resets     Needs review         Jeff Davis (jdavis)

These are set as "targetting v15", but have no committer set.  If someone
thinks it's unrealistic they'll be included in v15, I suggest to update not to
say so.

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3272/
    Add system view tracking shared buffer actions     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3224/
    Fix ExecRTCheckPerms() inefficiency with many prunable partitions     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3270/
    Cache tuple routing info during bulk loads into partitioned tables     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3461/
    In-place persistence change of a relation (fast ALTER TABLE ... SET LOGGED with wal_level=minimal)     Needs review
   15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3539/
    Allow parallel plan for referential integrity checks     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3397/
    Prefetching in recovery, take II     Needs review     15     Thomas Munro (macdice)

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2482/
    jsonpath syntax extensions     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2901/
    SQL/JSON: functions     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2902/
    SQL/JSON: JSON_TABLE     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3099/
    Asymmetric partition-wise JOIN     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3293/
    Tags in errordata     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3358/
    Update relfrozenxmin when truncating temp tables     Needs review     15     Greg Stark (stark)

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3490/
    Pluggable toaster     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3500/
    Collecting statistics about contents of JSONB columns     Needs review     15     Tomas Vondra (fuzzycz),

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/2138/
    Incremental Materialized View Maintenance     Needs review     15

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3565/
    Add relation and block-level filtering to pg_waldump     Needs review     15     David Christensen (dwc-pgguru)

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3436/
    remove exclusive backup mode     Needs review     15     David Steele (dsteele)

    https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3457/
    pg_stat_toast     Needs review     15

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Fix a typo in pg_receivewal.c's get_destination_dir()