Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)

От Álvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Autovacuum on partitioned table (autoanalyze)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Aug-17, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> I suggest the attached (which partially reverts the revert), to allow showing
> correct data for analyze_count and last_analyzed.

Yeah, that makes sense and my keeping of the pg_stat_all_tables entries
seems pretty useless without this change.  I have pushed a slightly
modified version of this to 14 and master.

> Arguably these should be reported as null in v14 for partitioned tables, since
> they're not "known to be zero", but rather "currently unpopulated".
>
> n_mod_since_analyze | 0
> n_ins_since_vacuum  | 0

I don't disagree, but it's not easy to implement this at present.  I
think almost all counters should be nulls for partitioned tables.  For
some of them one could make a case that it'd be more convenient to
propagate numbers up from partitions.

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: pg_receivewal: remove extra conn = NULL; in StreamLog
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Added schema level support for publication.