Re: log_autovacuum in Postgres 14 -- ordering issue

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: log_autovacuum in Postgres 14 -- ordering issue
Дата
Re: log_autovacuum in Postgres 14 -- ordering issue  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Re: log_autovacuum in Postgres 14 -- ordering issue  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Aug-25, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 2:06 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> > I like it better than the current layout, so +1.
>
>  This seems like a release housekeeping task to me. I'll come up with
> a patch targeting 14 and master in a few days.

Agreed, thanks.

> The question of whether or not we do an index scan (i.e. index
> vacuuming) depends entirely on the number of LP_DEAD items that heap
> pruning left behind in the table structure. [...]

Ooh, this was illuminating -- thanks for explaining.  TBH I would have
been very confused if asked to explain what that log line meant; and now
that I know what it means, I am even more convinced that we need to work
harder at it :-)

I'll see if I can come up with something ...

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present"

От: "alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org"
Сообщение: Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: prevent immature WAL streaming