Re: prion failed with ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 14334 in pg_toast_2619

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: prion failed with ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 14334 in pg_toast_2619
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-05-17 20:14:40 +0200, Drouvot, Bertrand wrote:
> FWIW a patch proposal to copy the oldest unfrozen XID during pg_upgrade (it
> adds a new (- u) parameter to pg_resetwal) has been submitted a couple of
> weeks ago, see: https://commitfest.postgresql.org/33/3105/

I'll try to look at it soon.

> I was also wondering if:
>
>  * We should keep the old behavior in case pg_resetwal -x is being used
>    without -u?
 (The proposed patch does not set an arbitrary oldestXID
>    anymore in
case -x is used)

I don't think we should. I don't see anything in the old behaviour worth
maintaining.

>  * We should ensure that the xid provided with -x or -u is
>     >=
FirstNormalTransactionId (Currently the only check is that it is
>    # 0)?

Applying TransactionIdIsNormal() seems like a good idea. I think it's
important to verify that the xid provided with -x is within a reasonable
range of the oldest xid.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: "Drouvot, Bertrand"
Сообщение: Re: prion failed with ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 14334 in pg_toast_2619
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft