Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Дата
Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 15, 2021 at 02:21:59PM -0400, Álvaro Herrera wrote:
> I commented out the release notes para that is now wrong.  What remains
> is this:
>
>   Move query hash computation from pg_stat_statements to the core server (Julien Rouhaud)
>
> We could perhaps add something like
>
>   Extension pg_stat_statements continues to work without requiring any
>   configuration changes.
>
> but that seems a bit pointless.  Or maybe
>
>   Extension pg_stat_statements automatically enables query identifier
>   computation if compute_query_id is set to auto.  Third-party modules
>   to compute query identifiers can be installed and used if this is set
>   to off.

OK, new text is:

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
    2021-04-07 [5fd9dfa5f] Move pg_stat_statements query jumbling to core.
    -->

    <para>
    Move query hash computation from pg_stat_statements to the core
    server (Julien Rouhaud)
    </para>

    <para>
    The new server variable compute_query_id's default of 'auto' will
    automatically enable query id computation when this extension
    is loaded.
    </para>
    </listitem>

I also added Alvaro as an author of the compute_query_id item.

> I wonder why the initial line says "query hash" instead of "query
> identifier".  Do we want to say "hash" everywhere?  Why didn't we name
> the GUC "compute_query_hash" in that case?

It is queryid (no underscore) in pg_stat_statements, which was a whole
different discussion.  ;-)

> Anyway, let me remind you that it is pretty common to require initdb
> during the beta period.

True.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: prion failed with ERROR: missing chunk number 0 for toast value 14334 in pg_toast_2619