Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 06:06:31PM -0400, Álvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2021-May-12, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > OK, I added it into the existing entry:
> >
> >     <listitem>
> >     <!--
> >     Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
> >     2021-01-31 [676887a3b] Implementation of subscripting for jsonb
> >     Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
> >     2021-01-31 [81fcc72e6] Filling array gaps during jsonb subscripting
> >     Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
> >     2021-01-31 [aa6e46daf] Throw error when assigning jsonb scalar instead of a com
> >     -->
> >
> >     <para>
> >     Allow subscripting of jsonb (Dmitry Dolgov)
> >     </para>
> >
> >     <para>
> >     Subscripting can be used to extract from and assign to jsonb documents.
> >     Subscripting is now extensible so extensions and built-in data type can make use of this.
> >     </para>
> >     </listitem>
>
> I dunno, this seems to approach the feature from the specifics rather
> than its full generality.  I would have said something like
>
>  Make subscripting user-extensible for "container" types
>     <!-- maybe "array-like types" -->
>
>   Subscripting JSONB is now integrated in core, and adding user-defined
>   subscripting for other types is possible.

I wanted to highlight the more useful aspect of this change, which I
think is JSBONB subscripting.  Here is an updated version.  Changes?

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
    2021-01-31 [676887a3b] Implementation of subscripting for jsonb
    Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
    2021-01-31 [81fcc72e6] Filling array gaps during jsonb subscripting
    Author: Alexander Korotkov <akorotkov@postgresql.org>
    2021-01-31 [aa6e46daf] Throw error when assigning jsonb scalar instead of a com
    -->

    <para>
    Allow subscripting of JSONB and simplify the implementation of subscripting
    (Dmitry Dolgov)
    </para>

    <para>
    JSONB subscripting can be used to extract from and assign to JSONB
    documents.  Extensions and built-in data types can now implement
    subscripting more easily.
    </para>
    </listitem>

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft