Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 14 release notes, first draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 02:42:08PM -0400, John Naylor wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> Thanks for doing this work again!
>
> > Add date_bin function (John Naylor)
> >
> > WHAT DOES THIS DO?
>
> Hard to describe in a one-liner, but it lines up timestamps into regular
> intervals as specified by the user. It is more clear after seeing examples:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/functions-datetime.html#
> FUNCTIONS-DATETIME-BIN

OK, I just copied the doc sentence into the release notes.

> > Dramatically improve Unicode normalization (John Naylor)
> >
> > WHAT OPERATIONS USE THIS?
>
> PG13 added the normalize() function to normalize Unicode sequences, as well as
> the IS NORMALIZED syntax to test for that. The commits* here do not change
> behavior and only improve performance. As such, this really belongs in the
> performance section.
>
> *There is one additional commit that belongs to this entry:
>
> Author: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
> 2020-10-11 [80f8eb79e] Use perfect hash for NFC and NFKC Unicode Normalization
> quick check

OK, updated text:

    <listitem>
    <!--
    Author: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
    2020-10-11 [80f8eb79e] Use perfect hash for NFC and NFKC Unicode Normalization
    Author: Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>
    2020-10-23 [783f0cc64] Improve performance of Unicode {de,re}composition in the
    -->

    <para>
    Dramatically improve Unicode normalization (John Naylor)
    </para>

    <para>
    This speeds normalize() and IS NORMALIZED.
    </para>
    </listitem>

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
От: Japin Li
Сообщение: Re: alter subscription drop publication fixes